Governor Uzodinma Denies Rejecting Edo Election Results, Not Heading To Court

Forum 3 years ago

Governor Uzodinma Denies Rejecting Edo Election Results, Not Heading To Court

Governor of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodinma, has denied rejecting the outcome of the just concluded Saturday, September 19 Edo Governorship election.

Incumbent Governor Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party had on Sunday defeated Osagie Ize-Iyamu, candidate of Uzodinma’s party, the All Progressives Congress.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/14cb5cc69f77ff5f42c6076cb997ccff.jpg

The Imo governor, who is vice chairman of the APC National Campaign Council, was alleged to have said his party would “secure victory” at the Court, saying it was marred by irregularities.

But in a tweet sighted on Monday, the Imo State government via its handle, distanced the governor from the said report, describing it as fake news.

According to the Imo state government, the report did not emanate from any of its official channels. It, therefore, advised the public against it.

“Watch out for this fake press release”, it said, while referring to the trending statement.

“Every press release from @GovtOfImoState is communicated through official platforms across all social media channels of the government.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Can’t Imagine It – Aisha Yesufu On Governor Ododo Stopping Yahaya Bello’s Arrest
Forum | 1 hour ago

I Can’t Imagine It – Aisha Yesufu On Governor Ododo Stopping Yahaya Bello’s Arrest

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 1 hour ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 1 hour ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 hour ago

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello