Thiago Silva Has Revealed How Wife Isabella Can Be Driven Mad By His Dedicated Approach To Football

Forum 3 years ago

Thiago Silva Has Revealed How Wife Isabella Can Be Driven Mad By His Dedicated Approach To Football

Chelsea’s new defender Thiag Silva admits wife Isabella gets fed up and he gets on her nerves with his approach to football and drive to ensure he is in peak condition

The couple have moved to London from Paris following his arrival at Stamford Bridge this summer.

Silva, 35, ended his eight-year association with PSG by signing for Chelsea on a free transfer.

And his desire is to now win trophies in England with Frank Lampard’s side.

Silva is working hard on his fitness so he can make his Blues debut soon, and he says Isabella is proud of what he does.

But the defender admits it can get on her nerves how his behaviour away from the pitch affects their home life.

Silva told Chelsea’s official website : “From what I see, Chelsea are preparing really well for this new season.

“Of course, there are going to be times when things don’t go 100 per cent to plan because we’ve got a lot of new players and sometimes that takes time.

“But I think that if you’re working with top players, it comes much easier. After a couple of games, you build an understanding. Very soon, you only need to glance at one another, you don’t even need to say anything.

“Being at a big club, winning trophies, that’s what drives me on. From my perspective, I’m doing everything to ensure that I can deliver the very best of myself.

“It gets to the point where my wife is fed up with me because I’m completely dedicated to ensuring that I’m in the best shape possible for every game.

“When the game’s over, the first thing I do is to watch it back to look for things that I did wrong. So as you can imagine, I get on her nerves! But she’s very proud of what I do.

“I’m arriving 100 per cent motivated for this new project. I’m not just here for the experience, I’m here to win. I hope that they believe, just as we do, that this is going to be a very special year and one full of success for the club.”

Silva could figure this week with Chelsea playing two games in quick succession.

Off the back of Sunday’s 2-0 defeat at home to Liverpool, where centre-half Andreas Christensen was sent off, Chelsea host Barnsley in the Carabao Cup third round on Wednesday (7.45pm) before going to West Brom in the Premier League on Saturday (5.30pm).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 1 day ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

Fallout Season 2’s Plot Secrets Haven’t Been Revealed To Cast
Forum | 1 day ago

Fallout Season 2’s Plot Secrets Haven’t Been Revealed To Cast

Divorce-seeking Military Officer Accuses Wife Of Bad Temperament
Forum | 1 day ago

Divorce-seeking Military Officer Accuses Wife Of Bad Temperament

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring
Forum | 3 days ago

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring