Frank Lampard Reacts To Christensen’s Red Card In 2 – 0 Defeat

Forum 3 years ago

Frank Lampard Reacts To Christensen’s Red Card In 2 – 0 Defeat

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has admitted that he knew Andreas Christensen would be sent off, after he fouled a goal-bound Sadio Mane.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cbcb05a53ba701b38e8dc74a1760860e.png

Christensen was shown a red card shortly before half time, after he hauled down Mane, who was clean through on goal.

Referee Paul Tierney initially awarded a yellow card, but reversed his decision after looking at the pitch-side VAR monitor.

Lampard told BBC Sport:

“The red card changes the face of the game, the talk I do at half-time. It forced me into a reshuffle and it was always going to be difficult after that.

“I think it could be given or not. I was perhaps surprised it was given as a yellow first. If it was given as a red straight away, you continue with that.

“We showed moments on the counter-attack when we were dangerous in the first half. My team talk was to be more confident on the ball, but the red card changed the whole team talk.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 3 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

I
Forum | 3 days ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa