The Boys Homelander Sex Scene Required The Use Of Body Armor

Forum 3 years ago

The Boys Homelander Sex Scene Required The Use Of Body Armor

Amazon's The Boys' sex scene between Homelander and Stormfront required the use of body armor while shooting. The Boys, which premiered on Amazon in 2019, debuted to rave reviews from critics and quickly became a hit with audiences, spawning a passionate fanbase. Naturally, the series was renewed for season 2, which dropped its first three episodes at the beginning of September, now airing one new episode weekly - a release schedule that hasn't gone over well with fans of The Boys. However, fans were pleased to hear that the show has been renewed for season 3 on the streaming service.

In season 2, The Boys are wanted men after the events of season 1, now in hiding as they continue to plan how they will expose The Seven for the corrupt group of superheroes they are, in addition to the company that is in control of them, Vought. Season 2 has seen the return of the original cast, which includes Jack Quaid, Karl Urban, Laz Alonso, Tomer Capon, Karen Fukuhara, Antony Starr, Erin Moriarty, Dominque McElligott, Jesse T. Usher, and Chase Crawford. The new season also features some new additions, including Aya Cash's Stormfront, who becomes a new member of The Seven, butting heads with Homelander repeatedly. However, the latest episode of the season saw the two not only end their rivalry, but engage in a wild sex scene that has had fans talking.

In a recent interview with TVLine, Antony Starr revealed that the sex scene involving Homelander and Stormfront required the use of body armor during production. When asked about the heated scene between the two characters, Starr responded by saying,

"That’s probably one of the more interesting romantic things I’ve ever done. Let me put it this way: Whenever I’ve done a love scene in the past, I’ve never had to talk to the stunts team and get body armor put on and elbow and knee pads. I can say that was a whopping great first."https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/00fa77874727a620f40782206df1bed5.jpg

In the previous episode of season 2, The Boys uncover a dark, twisted secret about Stormfront's past, painting the character in an entirely new light moving forward. Homelander has been at odds with multiple characters in season 2, clashing with Stormfront, Stan Edgar (Giancarlo Esposito), and Starlight (Erin Moriarty). In fact, Moriarty has hinted at a fight between Homelander and Starlight during season 2. While some may see Homelander's sex scene with Stormfront as a mending of fences between the two, many have theorized she's simply using him to further her own insidious agenda.

The Boys season 2 has certainly been dialing up the violence, dark humor, and irreverence that made the series such a hit on the streaming platform, despite its differences from the comics. In any other series, a sex scene such as the one between Homelander and Stormfront would seem completely shocking, but within the context of the series it's just a Tuesday night. Hearing Starr talk about the safety precautions necessary in order to shoot the scene is a treat, especially considering it seems he enjoyed shooting the scene tremendously. While some may describe the scene as a poor attempt at shock value, the scene beautifully showcases the Alpha personalities of their characters. Regardless of how fans feel about the scene, it will be fascinating to see how their relationship evolves in The Boys season 2, which premieres new episodes each Friday on Amazon Prime.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 10 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker
Forum | 3 days ago

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 4 days ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’