Edo Election May Likely Be The Best Election In Nigeria History ― Wike

Forum 3 years ago

Edo Election May Likely Be The Best Election In Nigeria History ― Wike

The governor of Rivers State and the Edo Guber Election Campaign Council Chairman, Nyesom Wike, has said considering the voting process and methodology employed in Edo State 2020 Guber election, the poll may likely be the best in the history of Nigeria.

Wike through his Commissioner for Information and Communications, Paulinus Nsirim, via his twitter handle and Facebook page posted; “there was minimal violence recorded because of the proactive measures deployed by the security agencies”.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/162b23826625a0aa682402047d303a89.jpg

“This may likely be the best election ever conducted in the history of Nigeria. But they must allow the process to continue to the end. Otherwise, they will destroy it.

“If it is APC that has won, let it be so. If it is PDP that has won, let it also be so. But I must tell that we are happy with what we have got.”

According to him; “there was need for both the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the security agencies to ensure that nothing scuttles the remaining stages.

“Like I have said before, election is not only about voting, the votes should be counted, then you proceed to collation stages; ward, local and state government levels.

The collation stage is the critical period. “So, I urge both INEC and security agencies to protect all the collation centres. When that is done, everybody who has voted will be happy to see that their will has prevailed,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi
Forum | 21 hours ago

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 21 hours ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting
Forum | 1 day ago

Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi
Forum | 2 days ago

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi