Sergio Reguilon Deserves Tottenham Transfer After Impressive Sevilla Spell, Says Zinedine Zidane

Forum 3 years ago

Sergio Reguilon Deserves Tottenham Transfer After Impressive Sevilla Spell, Says Zinedine Zidane

Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has wished Sergio Reguilon the best ahead of his imminent transfer to Tottenham, insisting the full-back “deserves” his move.

Reguilon arrived at Tottenham’s Hotspur Way training ground on Friday, joined by team-mate Gareth Bale, ahead of signing a five-year deal worth around £25million

Tottenham are understood to have been desperate to get the deal over the line for the 23-year-old, and have consequently agreed to a buy-back clause, which will enable Madrid to bring the player back for an increased fee within the next two years.

The reigning La Liga champions will also be able to match any offer Tottenham accept for the Spaniard, the second of two clauses which saw Manchester United pull out of negotiations for the defender.

And though the deal has not yet been officially confirmed, Zidane has now hinted at its completion.

“We must congratulate Reguilon on the season he had,” Zidane said in his Real Sociedad pre-match conference.

“We have two players per position and I already have two full-backs. I wish him all the best because he had a good season in Seville and he deserves to be at Tottenham.”

Reguilon proved a hit while on loan with Sevilla, where he won the Europa League, was named in La Liga’s Team of the Year and broke into the senior Spain national team.

The Spaniard, who has risen through the ranks of Madrid’s youth academy, in 2014 tweeted a picture alongside Bale, who he called his idol.

And while Zidane has remained tight-lipped on Bale’s imminent loan move to Tottenham, it seems a matter of time before the pair are bombing down the wings in north London.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 23 hours ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 1 day ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’
Forum | 2 days ago

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’