Gov. Obiano Meets Buhari In Abuja, To Decamp To APC

Forum 8 years ago

Gov. Obiano Meets Buhari In Abuja, To Decamp To APC

Those days when APC was in the opposition, APGA national chairman, Victor Umeh used to described the party as a group of noisemakers.
But today the story is different. They're now pledging loyalty.

The only APGA governor, Willie Obiano of Anambra State on Friday visited the President-Elect, Muhammadu Buhari in his Aso Drive residence in Abuja.

Obiano’s visit came as speculations were rife that he and other APGA leaders are planning to defect to the All Progressives Congress with a view to joining the winning team.

[ads4]
Speaking to Journalists at the premises of General Buhari, after a closed door meeting, the governor said that his mission to the president-elect was to congratulate him.

He said, “I will work very closely with Mr president”.

The journey was to also reassure Buhari of the support of the south east even as he asked the president-elect not to isolate Ndigbo in federal appointment.

In his words: “Well, I came to congratulate His Excellency the President-elect on his victory and I am also here to reassure him that Anambra and the South East would support him. I also pleaded with him on some pressing problem that are of importance to the south east like the second Niger bridge and some of the federal roads.

“We also pleaded in the area of appointment for the people of Anambra and of course for people from the South East be it ministerial, ambassadorial and what have you. So basically it is to congratulate the president elect on his well deserved victory.”

The Governor confirmed that he was in touch with APC leaders from the South East.

“Well I am a very focused governor. Under my tenure I brought change in the area of security in Anambra state and I will always support things that would bring change to improve the well-being of Ndi Anambra and Nigeria as a whole.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Police Seal Off Benue APC Factional Secretariat
Forum | 1 hour ago

Police Seal Off Benue APC Factional Secretariat

APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension
Forum | 1 hour ago

APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 16 hours ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 1 day ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara