Fulham Battling Carlo Ancelotti To Sign Talented Brazilian

Forum 3 years ago

Fulham Battling Carlo Ancelotti To Sign Talented Brazilian

Fulham are ready to do battle with Premier League rivals Everton for the signature of Torino’s Serie A centre-back Gleison Bremer, according to Tuttomercatoweb.

If Saturday’s opening day humbling against Arsenal was anything to go by, Scott Parker’s side are as prone to defensive blunders as the 2018/19 side, which conceded a staggering 81 goals en route to relegation – six more than Norwich let in last term.

But Parker’s first-choice centre-back pairing were exposed time and again by Arsenal at Craven Cottage and, while there’s no shame in being left red-faced by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, a worryingly slack display appears to have forced Fulham into the transfer market.

But, given Tah is unlikely to swap Europa League football at Bayer Leverkusen for a relegation battle in west London, it makes sense to identify more realistic options.

TMW reports Fulham are battling Everton for the 23-year-old Brazilian, two days after Toffees boss Carlo Ancelotti expressed his desire to reinforce an injury-hit back line before the window closes (Reuters).

A solid and reliable operator with the passing range and technical ability you would expect from a man who honed his talents in Brazil, Bremer could be exactly what Parker needs.

A 2017 arrival from Atletico Mineiro, Bremer forced his way into Torino’s first team in 2019/20, with 27 Serie A starts to his name.

Everton’s opening fixtures of the 2020/21 season

Tottenham (A)

September 12

West Brom (H)

September 19

Crystal Palace (A)

September 26

Brighton (H)

October 3

Liverpool (H)

October 17

Southampton (A)

October 26

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Swedish club, Norby IF sign Nigerian youngster
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Transfer: Swedish club, Norby IF sign Nigerian youngster

My Humility Is Not A Sign Of Weakness – Fubara Fumes, Discloses Reason For Accepting Tinubu’s Peace Pact
Forum | 2 weeks ago

My Humility Is Not A Sign Of Weakness – Fubara Fumes, Discloses Reason For Accepting Tinubu’s Peace Pact

Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Why I substituted Iwobi, two others after 33 minutes against Forest – Fulham coach, Silva
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Why I substituted Iwobi, two others after 33 minutes against Forest – Fulham coach, Silva