Preacher Benson Idahosa Biography (See Details)

Forum 3 years ago

Preacher Benson Idahosa Biography (See Details)

Benson Andrew Idahosa , was a Charismatic Pentecostal preacher. He is the founder of Church of God Mission International, Archbishop Benson Idahosa was popularly referred to as the father of Pentecostalism in Nigeria. Idahosa was the founder of Benson Idahosa University in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/15acc99b18030abda2dcba47b83621e1.jpg

Benson Andrew Idahosa was a Charismatic Pentecostal preacher. He is the founder of Church of God Mission International, Archbishop Benson Idahosa was popularly referred to as the father of Pentecostalism in Nigeria. Benson Andrew Idahosa was the founder of Benson Idahosa University in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.

Early Life

Benson Andrew Idahosa was born in Benin City on September 11, 1938, of poor pagan parents. He was a sickly infant who was always fainting. As a result of his constant illness, his father ordered the mother to throw him in the dust bin. When he was eighteen months old he was left on a rubbish heap to die.

He was rejected by his father, sent to work on a farm as a servant, and was denied education until he was fourteen years old. His education was irregular due to the poor financial status of his parents. He later took correspondence courses from Britain and the United States while working in Bata Shoe Company.

His Conversion And Call To The Ministry

His conversion was dramatic and his calling supernatural. He was converted by Pastor Okpo on a football field one Sunday afternoon while playing soccer with his teammates. Thus, young Benson became the first Bini member of Pastor Okpo’s small congregation. As a young convert, he became very zealous in winning souls and in conducting outreaches in villages around Benin City.

He was called to the ministry in a night vision from the Lord. “I have called you that you might take the gospel around the world in my name, preach the gospel, and I will confirm my word with signs following,” said the voice from heaven. The room was filled with the presence of God as Benson fell to his knees beside the bed: “Lord, wherever you want me to go, I will go.” He prayed on through the night, renewing his vows to God and interceding for his people who were yet to hear the message of salvation.

After his call, Benson launched into ministry work preaching from village to village the gospel of Jesus Christ with great power and anointing. More people confessed Christ as their Saviour, and more healings occurred as he prayed for the sick.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/23bfeccc7e0766a4ec192f360b9ecaf2.jpeg

Expansion of His Ministry and His Credentials

Benson Idahosa, the archbishop and founder of Church of God Mission International Incorporated with its headquarters in Benin City, Nigeria established over 6,000 churches throughout Nigeria and Ghana before 1971. Many of the ministers he supervised pastored churches of 1,000 to 4,000 people. In addition to filling the position of archbishop of the Church of God Mission, he was also president of All Nations for Christ Bible Institute, president of Idahosa World Outreach and president of Faith Medical Centre. He held positions in numerous organizations including the college of bishops of the international communion of Christian churches and the Oral Roberts University in Oklahoma.

Idahosa earned a diploma in divinity from Christ for the Nations Institute in Dallas, Texas, which he attended in 1971, a Doctorate of Divinity in 1981 from the Word of Faith College, New Orleans and a Doctor of Laws degree from Oral Roberts University in March 1984. He also received other degrees from the International University in Brussels, Belgium.

Supreme Task

Soul winning was Idahosa’s primary concern. With a motto “Evangelism our Supreme Task,” he worked towards this goal of reaching the unreached in Nigeria, Africa and the rest of the world with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. As a black African, he found the doors of African countries were wide open and he ministered in over 123 countries all over the world.

Crusades played a major role in his ministry. He was involved in at least one crusade per month. A record crowd of nearly one million people a night attended his Lagos Crusade in April 1985. He established the Redemption Television Ministry with a potential viewing audience of 50 million people.

Death

Benson Idahosa died on the 12 Of March 1998. He was survived by his wife, Margaret Idahosa and four children.

His wife subsequently took over as the Archbishop of the Church of God Mission International (CGMI), The Christian ministry Benson founded, Margaret is also the Chancellor of Benson Idahosa University.

His Son Bishop Faith Emmanuel Benson Idahosa is now the President of Benson Idahosa University (BIU),and Founder/President of Big Ben’s Children Hospital, Vice-President of All Nations For Christ Bible Institute International, among other positions.

BOOKS

• Faith to change the world

• Fire in His Bones

• Strangers to Failure

• and many more

FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) Related To Benson Idahosa Biography

Q1). How old was Bishop Benson Idahosa when he died?

he died at the ripe young age of 59 years and 6 month

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne
Forum | 4 days ago

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne

Biography & Career Of Beliviah Ivy Hayne
Forum | 5 days ago

Biography & Career Of Beliviah Ivy Hayne

Biography & Career Of Hennessy Carolina
Forum | 5 days ago