Bauchi APC Rejects Replacement Of Electoral Officers

Forum 3 years ago

Bauchi APC Rejects Replacement Of Electoral Officers

The All Progressives Congress (APC) Bauchi, has rejected the sack and replacement of all Electoral Officers (EOs) in the 20 local government areas of Bauchi state.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/02b147c1fa9a8bac62ac1aaf9b731298.png

In a press release issued by its state Publicity Secretary, Adamu Jallah on Thursday, the party alleged that the Bauchi state government’s action came few weeks to the election which is slated for 17th October 2020.

The party claimed that it was a plot to rig the poll in favour of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) candidates.

“The government has sacked all local government Electoral Officers (EOs) in the 20 local government areas of the state who have prepared themselves to conduct and supervise election in their various areas.

This is happening few weeks to the election. The alarming thing is that the Local Government Service Commission instead of Bauchi State Independent Electoral Commission (BASIEC) sent new officers to replace them,”

The party said.

The party further accused BASIEC of requesting for too many and complicated requirements outside the stipulated requirements in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for chairmanship and councillorship candidates, while also alleging that it is a motive to disqualify members of the opposition from the local council contest that requires minimal academic qualification.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 days ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 2 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

APC Crisis: Oshiomhole’s Sack Tactics Applied In Ganduje’s Suspension – Bashir Ahmad Speaks
Forum | 2 days ago

APC Crisis: Oshiomhole’s Sack Tactics Applied In Ganduje’s Suspension – Bashir Ahmad Speaks

APC Suspends Ganduje Over Bribery Allegations
Forum | 2 days ago

APC Suspends Ganduje Over Bribery Allegations