Rep Member Gives IG Seven-day Ultimatum To Arrest Police Who Allegedly Chased Apprentice To Death In Osun

Forum 3 years ago

Rep Member Gives IG Seven-day Ultimatum To Arrest Police Who Allegedly Chased Apprentice To Death In Osun

Hon. Bamidele Salam, representing Ede North, South/Egbedero/ Ejigbo Federal Constituency, has given the Inspector-General of Police, Muhammad Adamu, seven days ultimatum to apprehend the policemen who allegedly chased a 21-year-old, Idris Ajibola to death in Osogbo.

The federal lawmaker on Thursday also ordered Osun State Government to implement a judicial panel of enquiry on the incident.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cda1459e98efffbb64b8e9095b7e4af6.jpg

We reports that Idris, an apprentice of aluminum fabrication, was allegedly chased to the point of death in a ghastly motor accident on Tuesday, by men of Joint Task Force in Osogbo.

The deceased was said to have followed two of his friends, Raheem Abdullahi and Dayo to Osun Mall in Osogbo to buy bread, where they met one other Abdulraheem Adekunle Taflad who went to the store with one of his father’s car.

According to findings, Idris was enrolled at Love and Peace Technology Training Centre in Sagamu Ogun State to learn engineering.

He further said that after the seven says ultimatum, he will sue the Nigeria Police for aggravated damages.

Salam, who is from the same constituency with the deceased, while speaking with journalists in Osogbo, threatened to sue Nigeria Police for aggravated damages if the force did not parade the perpetrators.

According to him, the police command in the state has been stagnant in their investigation saying there is no record of arrest since 24hours after the incident.

He addressed the security personnel act on Nigerians especially youths as a barbaric.

Salam said,

“I am afraid this will not go under the carpet like all the thousands of cases similar to this. I gave the IGP seven days ultimatum to arrest the Police perpetrators who chased Idris to the point of death.

“I call on Osun State Government to constitute a juridical panel of enquiry on the incident. This kind of things must stop in our society,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 3 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

Kebbi Assembly Suspends Member For Unguarded Utterances
Forum | 3 days ago

Kebbi Assembly Suspends Member For Unguarded Utterances

Drama As Side Chick And Her Family Members Allegedly Attack Lover
Forum | 3 days ago

Drama As Side Chick And Her Family Members Allegedly Attack Lover's Wife In Borno

Police Intercept Truck Conveying N30M Goods Stolen From Kaduna
Forum | 3 days ago

Police Intercept Truck Conveying N30M Goods Stolen From Kaduna