Poverty Helped Nigeria In Fight Against COVID-19 – PTF

Forum 3 years ago

Poverty Helped Nigeria In Fight Against COVID-19 – PTF

The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 has stated that poverty helped the country in the fight against the deadly virus.

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7c3f53bf8b640f399ae5c14110565ab9.jpg

Most people who fall sick with COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate symptoms and recover without special treatment.

The PTF’s national coordinator Sani Aliyu stated this while appearing before a joint senate committee on health and aviation, averred that poverty and demography played roles in reducing the infection rate across the country. Aliyu said;

“Demographically, only 3% of Nigerians are above the age 65 as against 20%, 18%, etc, of such populations in European and American countries where death casualties were high.

“Aggressive nature of African countries against the pandemic also helped tremendously in containing the spread of the pandemic in Nigeria and many of the African Countries ”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Only GOAT in Nigeria – Davido
Forum | 18 hours ago

I’m Only GOAT in Nigeria – Davido

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 22 hours ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market
Forum | 23 hours ago

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market

Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business