Timo Werner Reveals Why He Snubbed Liverpool For Chelsea (See What He Said)

Forum 3 years ago

Timo Werner Reveals Why He Snubbed Liverpool For Chelsea (See What He Said)

Timo Werner has opened up on snubbing Liverpool for Chelsea, as the two Premier League clubs prepare to face each other this weekend.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5e3d19a8b375812c8224eca05b1eabfc.png

The 24-year-old moved to Stamford Bridge this summer in a transfer worth £47.6 million, after months of speculation linking him with the Reds.

It is believed Liverpool hesitated in submitting an official bid because of the COVID-19 outbreak.

Chelsea pounced and struck a deal for Werner, who declined to play in the Champions League knockout stages for RB Leipzig, so he can make a strong start for Frank Lampard’s men

“There are some other clubs like Liverpool, they have a great team and maybe I could fit good in some other team.

“But in the end, I decided for Chelsea, because it was the best decision I could take, not only because of the style of football but also what they have shown me.

“I think it was a hard decision but I am very, very excited and proud and happy that I decided like this,” Werner told a news conference.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat