Kepa Arrizabalaga Faced Harsh Criticism For His Mistakes In The Match

Forum 3 years ago

Kepa Arrizabalaga Faced Harsh Criticism For His Mistakes In The Match

Ex-footballer and current commentator Gary Neville harshly criticised the Spanish goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga, who once again found himself in hot water after this Monday’s match against Brighton.

Chelsea and Brighton faced off this Monday in the first game of the Premier League. Jorginho, James, and Zouma made Trossard’s sole goal worthless and got the win for Frank Lampard’s side.

The Spanish goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga could have done more to stop the only goal that Chelsea conceded, for which he received a torrent of criticism after the match.

One of the critics was ex-footballer and current commentator Gary Neville: “Keepers, obviously, can’t let those goals in. We’re trying not to be too critical of him. Chelsea have been talking about winning the league but there’s no chance if he lets goals like those in”.

“This will cause a real problem. This goal went under his arm. It’s not a great opportunity, there’s not much power. You see it from miles out. I don’t know what happened. Goals conceded from outside the area: 19. It’s a shocking record for a 70 million pound goalkeeper”, he continued.

He also faced criticism from ex-footballer Jamie Carragher: “In fact, you can put pressure on the club to sign Edouard Mendy much faster, because it could have cost them the game. He’s not a £70 million goalkeeper. They didn’t sign Alisson and he was the last resort”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 4 days ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up

Transfer: Kepa set for Chelsea return
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Transfer: Kepa set for Chelsea return

2027: Forget The Noise On Social Media El-Rufai Is Not A Match For Tinubu – APC
Forum | 3 weeks ago

2027: Forget The Noise On Social Media El-Rufai Is Not A Match For Tinubu – APC's Ogah