PREMIER LEAGUE!! Arsenal Boss Arteta Reveals What He Plans To Do To Elneny To Improve His Play

Forum 3 years ago

PREMIER LEAGUE!! Arsenal Boss Arteta Reveals What He Plans To Do To Elneny To Improve His Play

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta revealed he had a discussion with Mohamed Elneny to give him confidence and assure him of a place in his team.

The 28-year-old has been with the Emirates Stadium outfit since January 2016 but spent the 2019-20 campaign on loan with Besiktas.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e84eb7543cf929e894cd37bbe67a8323.jpg

The midfielder delivered convincing showings for the Turkish Super Lig side but the financial situation of the club prevented them from signing him permanently.

Elneny returned to the Emirates Stadium this summer and has done enough to impress Arteta, playing prominently in their Community Shield victory over Liverpool.

The midfielder also played a part in the Gunners’ opening Premier League game of the 2020-21 season against Fulham on Saturday.

The Spanish tactician has promised to give the Egypt international a chance to prove his worth with his side.

“Well I really like Mo and what he brings to the squad in terms of his personality as well,” Arteta told the club website.

“And then at a football level, I think he needed a little bit of belief. He had some doubts about whether we could trust him or not.

“I had a lot of conversations with him. He fully deserves his chance. He trains every day with the best spirit, he wants to learn, and he’s performing really well.

‘My job is to get everybody at his highest level and doing their best. We have some other examples with Mo and Rob [Holding], Ainsley [Maitland-Niles] as well, they are at their best at the moment and that’s going to make it difficult for the rest

‘They have to step up and fight for their places. When they are playing, perform, and when they are not, support their teammates.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 1 day ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers
Forum | 1 day ago

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 1 day ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

Michael Owen names three EPL stars that would improve Arsenal
Forum | 1 day ago

Michael Owen names three EPL stars that would improve Arsenal