Brighton vs Chelsea: Gary Neville disagrees with Lampard over comments on Kepa

Forum 3 years ago

Brighton vs Chelsea: Gary Neville disagrees with Lampard over comments on Kepa

Former Manchester United captain, Gary Neville, has disagreed with Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, over his comments about goalkeeper, Kepa Arrizabalaga, following the Blues’ Premier League 3-1 victory against Brighton on Monday night.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2c123f7c4c17fd0ad7465d325e97bd9d.jpg

Kepa, who is currently under-fire at Stamford Bridge due to his performances for Lampard’s side, was given a start in Chelsea’s first Premier League match of the season against Brighton.

The Spain international was largely comfortable throughout the encounter but was unable to save a longshot from Brighton star, Leandro Trossard as goals from Jorginho, Reece James and Kurt Zouma gave Chelsea all three points against the host.

However, Lampard was asked over Chelsea’s transfer for Rennes goalkeeper, Edouard Mendy after his side’s win against Brighton and the English gaffer insisted that he is happy with Kepa.

“I am very happy with Kepa,” Lampard said at his post-match.

“With the shot, I am not sure if he could have done any better. But I saw a bit more confidence in how he was playing.

“Kepa is here, he is our keeper, and I am happy with him. If we’re bringing in competition, it will be competition.

“That is the nature of Chelsea, and it goes throughout the squad.”

But Neville doesn’t believe what Lampard said about Kepa, adding that the Chelsea boss was just performing his duty as a manager to the press.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

UCL: They will struggle – Gary Neville predicts Arsenal vs Bayern Munich clash
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: They will struggle – Gary Neville predicts Arsenal vs Bayern Munich clash

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw