Man United Must Sign Defender Over Sancho – Berbatov

Forum 3 years ago

Man United Must Sign Defender Over Sancho – Berbatov

Dimitar Berbatov believes Manchester United should be prioritising a move for a centre back over a transfer for Jadon Sancho ahead of the start of the new season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8e15f7baa1ae02a5c209d1e490a619eb.png

United are still trying to agree a deal for the Borussia Dortmund winger and are also keen on strengthening in defence, but former club striker Berbatov thinks a defender should be the main focus ahead of the October 5 deadline.

“Centre back, for sure, needs to be the priority in my opinion. Who that is going to be and if they are going to buy a player I don’t think we will find out until the end of the window, but that should be the priority, along with right back,” Betfair ambassador Berbatov told Goal.

Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire were Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first choice centre-back pairing last season, but Berbatov isn’t convinced by the consistency of the pair despite them keeping 13 clean sheets in the league last season.

“I think Lindelof is good enough but sometimes he makes unnecessary mistakes where he is out of position, and that is not good for the team. That’s why they need someone, not only to push him but also for Maguire as well,” Berbatov explained.

“Even if you are captain and they spent a lot of money on you doesn’t mean you have to play every game and I think he can do even better.

“He has had his ups and downs, he has had some good games and bad games like every player has in their career but obviously and the most important thing is that Ole trusts him and gave him the armband and made him the captain.

“I like him because he’s calm on the ball. He brings the ball out from the back to the midfield, he doesn’t panic when someone is pressing him he is taking chances with some risky passes which you need sometimes.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady
Forum | 1 day ago

30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady's 13-year-old Daughter In Rivers