Singer Azealia Banks Addresses Twitter Suspenssion

Forum 7 years ago

Singer Azealia Banks Addresses Twitter Suspenssion

Following the disastrous Twitter fights between rapper Azealia Banks, ex-One Directioner Zayn Malik, and 14-year-old Disney star Skai Jackson that went down on Tuesday night (May 10), Twitter has taken measures to suspend Banks' account for good — and many of the app's users are having a full-on hashtag party.

Azealia Banks has been suspended from Twitter following a series ofracially charged tweets. On a separate note, her tirade also led to her removal from the lineup of U.K. festival Born & Bred.

On Wednesday evening, Banks posted screengrabs of messages she had written to a blogger where she tried to explain her words and actions. She added tweeted at Malik because she was "angry" and wanted to "remind him that we’re both in the same boat in this industry and people of color."

Focusing on her tweets about Jackson, Banks said she believed it was Jackson’s mother behind the computer, which is why she was more forceful in her tweets. She claimed Jackson’s mother should spend time "trying to hone in on [her] daughter’s artistic skills rather than try and force this over-sexualised image of a little girl onto the public."

As well, Azealia has taken to Instagram where she's responded to the ban with a meme and the caption "THEM MOTHERfu-CkERS GOT ME." In her Instagram posts that followed, Azealia says she'll be publishing an essay titled "Whiteness is a mental illness."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Tiwa Savage Reveals She Became a Singer Because of Her Crush
Forum | 1 day ago

Tiwa Savage Reveals She Became a Singer Because of Her Crush

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 3 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

Lady Set to Wed Stranger She Met On Twitter After Helping Him Get A Job
Forum | 6 days ago

Lady Set to Wed Stranger She Met On Twitter After Helping Him Get A Job

Bobrisky’s sister hits back at Portable, addresses crossdresser as ‘Aunty mi’
Forum | 1 week ago

Bobrisky’s sister hits back at Portable, addresses crossdresser as ‘Aunty mi’