Wolves Manager Nuno Espirito Close To Signing New Contract

Forum 3 years ago

Wolves Manager Nuno Espirito Close To Signing New Contract

Wolverhampton Wanderers boss Nuno Espirito Santo is close to agreeing a new contract.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cc0802a0e62d8a1b3ea15a5008f98e66.png

Nuno has one year left on his existing deal but club bosses are keen for the 46-year-old to extend his stay.

The Portuguese has taken Wolves from the middle of the Championship to their first European quarter-final in almost 50 years in the three seasons he has been in charge.

It is understood talks have progressed well and an announcement is due soon.

“In terms of the contract, I don’t have to worry about anything because it’s not my job,” he said.

“I don’t negotiate contracts, I just wait for an email or a call to say ‘go ahead’.”

Wolves face Sheffield United in their opening Premier League game of the season on Monday.

Although Wolves have just made three signings in a week, including a club record £35.6m for Porto’s 18-year-old forward Fabio Silva, Nuno says his squad “is not complete yet”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Riz Ahmed Joins Cast of New Wes Anderson Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Riz Ahmed Joins Cast of New Wes Anderson Movie

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia
Forum | 1 day ago

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia

Shallipopi
Forum | 2 days ago

Shallipopi's New Album, Shakespopi Claims 1st-9th Position On Apple Music

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5
Forum | 4 days ago

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5