Wolves Manager Nuno Espirito Close To Signing New Contract

1 week ago

Wolverhampton Wanderers boss Nuno Espirito Santo is close to agreeing a new contract.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cc0802a0e62d8a1b3ea15a5008f98e66.png

Nuno has one year left on his existing deal but club bosses are keen for the 46-year-old to extend his stay.

The Portuguese has taken Wolves from the middle of the Championship to their first European quarter-final in almost 50 years in the three seasons he has been in charge.

It is understood talks have progressed well and an announcement is due soon.

“In terms of the contract, I don’t have to worry about anything because it’s not my job,” he said.

“I don’t negotiate contracts, I just wait for an email or a call to say ‘go ahead’.”

Wolves face Sheffield United in their opening Premier League game of the season on Monday.

Although Wolves have just made three signings in a week, including a club record £35.6m for Porto’s 18-year-old forward Fabio Silva, Nuno says his squad “is not complete yet”.

Related Forums
Forum
TRANSFER LATEST!! Man United Suffer Fresh Blow In Signing Jadon Sancho
42 mins ago
Forum
MUST HAPPEN!! Frank Lampard To Sign New Goalkeeper Before Chelsea’s Carabao Cup Match
44 mins ago
Forum
195 New COVID-19 Cases, 105 Discharged And 2 Deaths On September 21
1 hour ago
Forum
Ndidi, Iwobi, Oshoala, Others Dazzle As They Model The New Nigeria 2020-2022 Jersey
15 hours ago