Man City Made Too Many Mistakes Last Season – PFA Player Of The Year Winner De Bruyne Says

Forum 3 years ago

Man City Made Too Many Mistakes Last Season – PFA Player Of The Year Winner De Bruyne Says

Kevin De Bruyne admits that Manchester City made too many “mistakes” in 2019-20, with the Blues unable to sustain challenges for Premier League and Champions League crowns.

Pep Guardiola’s side also saw the FA Cup ripped from their grasp, with a third successive Carabao Cup triumph representing the height of their success.

Inconsistency, particularly at the back, proved to be an issue for City throughout a testing campaign.

They remained a formidable force when performing at their best, but saw Liverpool, Arsenal and Lyon shut off routes to major silverware.

Investment has been made in the current transfer window, with Guardiola looking to fix any supposed faults, and many are tipping the Blues to bounce back in style.

De Bruyne will have a key role to play in that quest, having just been named PFA Player of the Year, and he concedes that there are obvious issues for City to address.

The Belgian midfielder told the club’s official website: “A few years ago Liverpool were behind so many points and then it got closer.

“It can change so quickly and I don’t think you can ever base a season on points difference.

“A lot of the time this year we played good enough, but we didn’t capitalise on their mistakes and we made a few mistakes too many and the other teams got goals out of it and points.

“That’s the difference. I don’t think a lot has changed from the years before, but if you make too many mistakes then you lose too many points.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara
Forum | 1 hour ago

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 3 hours ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 9 hours ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel