Dayot Upamecano Manager Speaks On The Defender Joining Man United

Forum 3 years ago

Dayot Upamecano Manager Speaks On The Defender Joining Man United

Manchester United target Dayot Upamecano is set to stay at RB Leipzig for the coming season, confirms his manager Julian Nagelsmann.

The 21-year-old has regularly been linked with a move to the Premier League over the last two years, with Arsenal also credited with an interest in him.

A move was expected for the France international but there has not been one forthcoming and Nagelsmann is now confident that he will remain with the Bundesliga side for at least one more campaign.

‘He [Upamecano] will be here for the season. I’m sure about that,’ Nagelsmann told ESPN.

‘As for the future, I’m not sure as he is very talented.

‘Lots of club will want to buy — perhaps next season it could be real that he leaves the club. But this season he will stay.’

The commanding centre-back extended his contract at Leipzig until 2023 in July, but admits that he has already spoken to other clubs about a possible move.

‘I extended in Leipzig, because I feel good with my team-mates and my coach. I’m good at Leipzig,’ said Upamecano.

‘It’s true that I’m in great demand. I speak with clubs, but I’m in no rush and we’ll see what happens in the future.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 4 mins ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK