Lauryn Hill slammed after she shows up two hours late to Atlanta show

Forum 7 years ago

Lauryn Hill slammed after she shows up two hours late to Atlanta show

Fans and critics alike ripped ‘90s R&B icon Lauryn Hill last night after she took the stage at an Atlanta gig more than two hours late.

Hill was scheduled to hit the stage promptly at 8 p.m. at the Chastain Park Ampitheatre, but she didn't step out in front of the masses until sometime around 10:30 p.m.

When she finally did perform, she was only allowed to make it through just a handful of songs for just 40 minutes before her mic was cut off due to Chastain Park Amphitheatre’s rigid 11 p.m. curfew.

In a confrontational fan-shot video that surfaced on Twitter later, 40 year old Hill is seen fighting off
the crowd’s boos and waving her hands, appearing to unsuccessfully ask the venue for some extra time.

The former Fugees member vehemently defended herself saying:
“My driver got lost — I can’t control that.''
A social media debate unfolded over whether or not it was fair to expect professionalism and punctuality from the Jersey-born Grammy winner. Back at a London concert in 2014, social media lit up with complaints that Lauryn showed up 90 minutes late and delivered an “utter sh--e” performance.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
2 The Witcher Spin-off Shows Reportedly Canceled by Netflix
Forum | 1 day ago

2 The Witcher Spin-off Shows Reportedly Canceled by Netflix

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin
Forum | 2 days ago

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many
Forum | 2 days ago

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie