Gareth Bale Can Turn Tottenham Into Title Contenders – Redknapp

Forum 3 years ago

Gareth Bale Can Turn Tottenham Into Title Contenders – Redknapp

Gareth Bale could transform Tottenham from “European contenders to Premier League title challengers”, says Harry Redknapp, with Spurs urged to reinvigorate their ranks by rescuing a familiar face from a testing spell at Real Madrid.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/727e6f6c0a9311d3347e226f9456ad82.png

A Wales international forward became the most expensive player on the planet when leaving north London for the Spanish capital in 2013.

Success has been savoured at Santiago Bernabeu, but lows have started to outweigh the highs over recent seasons.

Bale is now firmly frozen out at Real and has opened a door up for a move to be made in the current window – with a return to the Premier League not being ruled out.

Redknapp feels Tottenham and Jose Mourinho should be heading any queue of suitors, with the perfect opportunity presenting itself for a game-changing addition to be made to a squad that could only muster a sixth-place finish in 2019-20.

The former Spurs boss told The Sun:

“Of the possible destinations, if Bale went back to Tottenham to team up with an already lively frontline you could see Spurs do some serious damage. Harry Kane, Son Heung-min, Dele Alli and Bale.

“If it were my call, I’d throw all four of them on together and step back to watch lift-off. Bale could change Tottenham from European contenders to Premier League title challengers.

“He would give everyone a lift. And when I think of Dele playing the supporting role behind those three it makes my skin tingle. Dele plateaued over the last few seasons — but has shown some signs of starting to get back to his best.

“It was always likely to happen to him because he was so young when he burst on to the scene.

“But Spurs need reinvigorating — and Bale would do just that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bundesliga: Leverkusen star, Xhaka lauds Nigerian duo after title success
Forum | 3 days ago

Bundesliga: Leverkusen star, Xhaka lauds Nigerian duo after title success

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race