Ndidi Says Leicester City Had A Great Season Despite Missing Out On Champions League

Forum 3 years ago

Ndidi Says Leicester City Had A Great Season Despite Missing Out On Champions League

Nigeria international Wilfred Ndidi says he was pleased with Leicester City’s performance despite failing to book a Champions League place next season.

Brendan Rodgers’ were in line to finish among the best four teams in the Premier League last term, nevertheless, a slump in their last game ensured that did not materialise.

Second-half goals from Bruno Fernandes and Jesse Lingard at the King Power Stadium condemned them to a 2-0 loss against Manchester United.

The result secured the Red Devils’ return to the elite European tournament for the first time since the 2017-18 season, while the Foxed dropped to the Europa League.

Rodgers’ men finished the campaign with 62 points after 38 matches with 18 wins recorded in the process.

Even at this disappointment, the former Genk star was satisfied with the efforts of his teammates.

“I feel very great, I feel very happy,” Ndidi said to NFF media.

“It was a mixed feeling because in the last game, we should have done well to qualify for the Champions League. But in all, it was a great season and we can’t complain.

“It was a season for us to learn from going into [the 2020-21 campaign], and there are so many positives to take from last season.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
For All Mankind Season 5 Renewal, Russia Spin-off Ordered at Apple TV+
Forum | 5 hours ago

For All Mankind Season 5 Renewal, Russia Spin-off Ordered at Apple TV+

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’
Forum | 13 hours ago

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 13 hours ago

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy