Man United Are Always Desperate In The Transfer Market – Gary Neville

Forum 3 years ago

Man United Are Always Desperate In The Transfer Market – Gary Neville

Gary Neville has questioned Manchester United’s recruitment model, with the Red Devils legend claiming that the Premier League giants look “desperate” every time they go for a player.

Value has been found at Old Trafford in recent windows, with the likes of Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Bruno Fernandes snapped up.

Those deals have required considerable outlay, though, and have tended to be pushed through late on at the end of protracted pursuits.

United find themselves in a similar situation at present, with Netherlands international midfielder Donny van de Beek the only new arrival heading into the 2020-21 campaign.

Others, such as Chelsea and Manchester City, have been able to get deals over the line, with Neville wondering why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are finding the going so tough.

He told PA Sport:

“Like everyone else they had three months off because of coronavirus, so I don’t think it should be the case they didn’t have the resource or time to get things done.

“Chelsea got their business done, City have got three or four pieces done. I don’t think timing’s the issue.

“It’s just a thing with United that every time they go for a player in the last four, five, six years it feels they are a little bit desperate.

“They think they can hang on but they always pay it (the asking fee) in the end. That’s sometimes where I think you can take control, give a hard deadline and say ‘we’re moving away from this deal’.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady
Forum | 42 mins ago

30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady's 13-year-old Daughter In Rivers

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 3 hours ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 20 hours ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 20 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race