Cristiano Ronaldo Reprimanded For Not Wearing A Mask

Forum 3 years ago

Cristiano Ronaldo Reprimanded For Not Wearing A Mask

Cristiano Ronaldo was reprimanded for not wearing a mask while watching Portugal in the Nations League on Saturday night.

Ruled out of the game against Croatia with a toe infection that has been likened to a bee sting, Ronaldo was forced to sit in the stands as he saw his nation claim a convincing 4-1 victory.

Goals from Joao Cancelo, Diogo Jota, Joao Felix and Andre Silva wrapped up the comfortable win for Portugal, who have now won nine of their last 10 matches.

During the game, Ronaldo inevitably drew plenty of attention after a stadium official was filmed approaching the 35-year-old to remind him to put on a mask as part of coronavirus protocol.

While seemingly not to pleased by the distraction, the Juventus attacker quickly complied and put on a mask as he watched the remainder of the match.

Portugal next face Sweden on Tuesday night with manager Fernando Santos conceding on Saturday that Ronaldo may not be fit in time to feature.

“I wasn’t resting him. If he was in good shape, he would have been [in the starting XI] able to play the game,” Santos told RTP.

“Today he trained, feels better and, at the moment, he will travel to Sweden. Then we’ll see. There is no injury, but he has to recover from that infection.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr

Cristano Ronaldo faces fresh ban in Saudi Arabia
Forum | 1 week ago

Cristano Ronaldo faces fresh ban in Saudi Arabia

EPL: ‘He’s more like me than Cristiano Ronaldo’ – Nani on Man Utd forward
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: ‘He’s more like me than Cristiano Ronaldo’ – Nani on Man Utd forward