Man United Must Sign Sancho Now Or Face Threat From Liverpool – Carragher

Forum 3 years ago

Man United Must Sign Sancho Now Or Face Threat From Liverpool – Carragher

Jamie Carragher has warned Manchester United that if they do not sign Jadon Sancho this summer, they could face competition from Liverpool next year.

The Red Devils have been in hot pursuit of the Borussia Dortmund winger, who has become one of Europe’s top attacking players at age 20.

Dortmund, though, continue to play hardball, insisting that the England international will not leave unless their €120 million (£108m/$142m) valuation is met.

Sancho was quizzed on the transfer talk on Saturday, and said he was looking to ignore all of the hysteria surrounding his future.

“For me, I just focus on my football. I just want to do what’s best for my team and win titles at the end of the day,” Sancho told Soccer Bible.

Carragher believes the Red Devils will eventually meet Dortmund’s asking price, or they will risk facing competition from one of their biggest rivals.

“United have got a clear run at Sancho now – but that will change if he’s still at Dortmund next year. I’d be very surprised if Liverpool didn’t try to sign him next summer,” the former Liverpool defender told the Mirror.

“That’s why I think United will pay what they have got to pay.

“When United have paid big fees for players in the past we’ve all laughed and said, ‘they’ve been done again’. People called [Man Utd chief executive Ed] Woodward a joke – selling clubs could always get an extra £10m or £20m from him.

“Now Borussia Dortmund have asked £108m for Sancho. And because United haven’t paid it straight away everyone is criticising them.

“Woodward is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bomb strapped on young man in Plateau bank fake – Police
Forum | 9 hours ago

Bomb strapped on young man in Plateau bank fake – Police

It’s done’ – Ex-Liverpool midfielder reveals Man Utd player told him manager to replace Ten Hag
Forum | 12 hours ago

It’s done’ – Ex-Liverpool midfielder reveals Man Utd player told him manager to replace Ten Hag

EPL: Ange Postecoglou confirms two key Tottenham players to miss Man City clash
Forum | 18 hours ago

EPL: Ange Postecoglou confirms two key Tottenham players to miss Man City clash

Chelsea has taken first step to sign Osimhen – Transfer expert
Forum | 18 hours ago

Chelsea has taken first step to sign Osimhen – Transfer expert