Kai Havertz Reveals Who Convinced Him To Join Chelsea

Forum 3 years ago

Kai Havertz Reveals Who Convinced Him To Join Chelsea

New Chelsea signing Kai Havertz has said the chance to learn from head coach Frank Lampard was a major factor in his decision to join the Blues.

Havertz moved to Stamford Bridge from Bayer Leverkusen on Friday in a deal worth £70 million ($91m) including add-ons.

After months of rumours linking the Germany international to Chelsea, he has now put pen to paper on a five-year contract at the Premier League side.

The 21-year-old is a goalscoring midfielder, much like his new manager was during his playing career, and Havertz8 revealed that working under Lampard was a major draw for him.

“Of course he had a big impact on my decision because I loved him as a player and watched him very often, and I think I can learn from him now he is a manager as well,” Havertz told Chelsea’s website of Lampard.

“I think he is a very humble person and a great guy and I can’t wait to play with him and learn from him.

“He was very offensive like me and he loves to score goals, and I love to score goals as well so I think he will help me a lot in my position. Also maybe on the things that I can improve and I can’t wait to work with him.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 17 hours ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 17 hours ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 18 hours ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama