COVID-19: Nigerians shouldn’t relax yet – Ooni of Ife

Forum 3 years ago

COVID-19: Nigerians shouldn’t relax yet – Ooni of Ife

Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife, has warned Nigerians against relaxing in the observation of necessary protocols as COVID-19 cases continue to drop.

Ogunwusi told State House correspondents after a courtesy visit to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Friday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3054a50d30c0050eab96d2e4a8159d8e.jpg

The monarch said he was hopeful that COVID-19 pandemic will soon end and people will return to normal lives and activities.

“No, we cannot relax; it is not possible; COVID-19 is real; we have to keep protecting ourselves.

"We have to be very careful; thank God the Federal Government is looking at how to open the economy the more.

“We should follow the COVID-19 guidelines, and we should not relax, but what the government is doing is that they are opening up the economy.

“We will continue to live and continue to pray that COVID-19 should finally leave us alone so that we will continue with our normal lives and activities.’’ He said that traditional rulers had been doing a lot to guard against community spreading as they were closest to the people.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 3 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders
Forum | 3 days ago

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares
Forum | 4 days ago

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares

Daddy Freeze threatens to bring Nigerians back home in mass from the UK
Forum | 5 days ago

Daddy Freeze threatens to bring Nigerians back home in mass from the UK