Koulibaly To Man City Could Be OFF Because Of This Reason

Forum 3 years ago

Koulibaly To Man City Could Be OFF Because Of This Reason

It has been claimed Manchester City’s negotiations to sign Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly are proving difficult due to the club’s unwillingness to speak to the Italian side directly.

Napoli owner Aurelio de Laurentiis says the previous breakdown of a move for now-Chelsea midfielder Jorginho in 2018 is currently scuppering any potential deal for Koulibaly.

Two years ago Jorginho appeared to be on a brink of a move to the Etihad only for Napoli to make a last-minute U-turn and sell the player to Premier League rivals Chelsea instead.

Koulibaly has been heavily linked with a move to City this summer with Pep Guardiola looking for defensive reinforcements after his side conceded too many goals last term.

However, De Laurentiis said:

“I have answered on this via SMS, because an important English newspaper wrote to me asking: ‘What is happening with Koulibaly and Manchester City?’.

“I answered that Manchester City is saying it can’t talk directly with us because of the problem with Jorginho.

“How can we then proceed with a serious and serene negotiation for the transfer of a player? Is the reasoning clear?”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 6 hours ago

SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa