Ex-Man Utd Star Rafael Mocks Alexis Sanchez Over His Bad Days At Manchester

Forum 3 years ago

Ex-Man Utd Star Rafael Mocks Alexis Sanchez Over His Bad Days At Manchester

Sanchez blamed his ill-fated stint at United on the environment he encountered upon arrival, even claiming he asked his agent if he could leave following his first training session.

Former Man Utd defender Rafael da Silva has mocked Alexis Sanchez following the forward’s claims he wanted to terminate his contract immediately after signing.

Sanchez completed his switch from Arsenal in January 2018 but ultimately flopped at Old Trafford before sealing his permanent exit to Inter Milan last month.

The Chilean was criticized for collecting huge wages at United while under-performing on the field but he explained his side of the story in an Instagram post on Thursday.

“I want to tell you about my period at United, about many things that were said and that made me look bad,” Sanchez said.

“I got the opportunity to go to United and it seemed tempting to me. It was something nice for me, because, when I was a kid, I liked that club a lot.

“I ended up signing without much information about what was happening in the move. The first days that I was with my colleagues, sometimes there are things that you do not realize until you arrive.

“The first training I had I realized many things. I came home and I told my representative: ‘Can’t the contract be terminated to return to Arsenal?’

“They start laughing and I told them that something did not sit right with me. It (the contract) had already been signed.”

Sanchez had left behind hero status at Arsenal to join Man Utd over rivals Man City.

But despite raking in a total of around £500,000 per week in salary, bonuses and image rights, he failed to hit the same form at United that he had for The Gunners.

In his last full season at Arsenal, he was among the nominees for the PFA Player of the Year award, but his spell at United ended with just five goals in 45 appearances.

What was to blame for Sanchez flopping at United?

Sanchez’s problems he claimed were down to a lack of a family unit at the club, and he feels he was made a scapegoat by the media for United’s failings.

But ex-United star Rafael has another theory as he replied to a post on Instagram regarding the forward.

“Maybe he saw a ghost and get scared that explains why he plays so bad every time.”

In any event, Sanchez appears to have exorcised the demons of his Old Trafford era to recapture some form at Inter after bringing an end to his ill-fated spell as a United player.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai
Forum | 1 hour ago

Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 20 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 21 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara
Forum | 1 day ago

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara