Gov Abiodun under fire for supporting fuel price increase

Forum 3 years ago

Gov Abiodun under fire for supporting fuel price increase

Nigerians have come hard on Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State for declaring support for the increase in the pump price of petrol.

Dapo Abiodun, after he met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Aso Rock Villa on Thursday said there was no way petrol will remain at the same price if there is a rise in the price of crude oil.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/259af43bfae12fa5256c7d419d02f349.jpg

The Governor’s comment was coming at a time Nigerians are berating the Federal Government for increasing the pump price of fuel. According to Abiodun, the masses want to enjoy lower prices when the prices of crude are low, but they do no want to pay for what he called a “slight increase” when there is an increase in price of crude oil.

The Ogun State Governor believes that the price of crude oil is directly proportional to the price of refined products.

In their reactions, Nigerians berated Abiodun for taking such position at a time like this, when the masses are languishing in abject poverty, especially after the COVID-19 lockdown. Nigerians, on the social media, said Abiodun will support the increase because he is not buying anything with his money, saying everything he needs is being supplied with taxpayers’ money.

In the same vein, some individuals were of the opinion that Abiodun was in support of the increase in the pump price of petrol because he is into oil and gas

Here are some of their reactions:

Agama Elohor: “I know that you are into oil and gas so I don’t expect you to speak the contrary. Look at the state you are governing with the myriads of challenges and bad roads but suddenly you have found your mojo when it comes these wicked and clueless increment. By the World Most Clueless government.” Klin Main: “He eats from the table,so table manner is being observed,at least he doesn’t buy it, it’s budgeted from the money meant for the masses. Evil people in power.”

Franklin Meticulous: “Does he buy and pay for electricity? He wouldn’t know how it pinches.”
Olaide Abiodun: “I am highly disappointed in you sir, when the price was high what did government do with the excess of the crude oil price.” Wealth Enegbe: “Why will u not support it, u have d people tax to buy,and state allocation to buy too. Ur children are all schooling abroad so what else,Good will judge all of you.”

Babatunde Adekanbi: “You supported the increment in price of essential services but you couldn’t support the prompt payment of new minimum wages.”

Jerry Sheyman: “Tomorrow he will say he is working for the betterment of his citizens. Anyway, they are not using their easy earn money to buy it…..so am not surprised.”

Adegbite I.D: “Why won’t you support increase in pump price afterall you the owner of heyden petroleum. Time to make more money for yourself.”

Bright Ovo: “If he actually came to office by the vote of the poor people that would be most affected by this price hike, he wouldn’t open his mouth to make this kind of comment coz his brain will inform him that same people can still vote you.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: UEFA to increase squad size to 26 players
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: UEFA to increase squad size to 26 players

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo
Forum | 3 days ago

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo

Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside US Court During Ex-President, Donald Trump’s Trial
Forum | 3 days ago

Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside US Court During Ex-President, Donald Trump’s Trial

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 5 days ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara