Roma Want To Sign Man United Defender Smalling For €12m

Forum 3 years ago

Roma Want To Sign Man United Defender Smalling For €12m

Roma have re-opened transfer talks with Manchester United over Chris Smalling, According to Goalcom, with a €12 million (£11m/$14m) offer on the table.

The England international defender spent the 2019-20 campaign on loan at Stadio Olimpico.

Having slipped down the pecking order at Old Trafford, the 30-year-old centre-half was allowed to take on a new challenge in Italy. Smalling flourished in Serie A, with his experience proving to be a useful asset at ambitious Roma.

He was forced to return to Manchester when the initial agreement ended, with United preventing a player they still own from completing Roma’s protracted Europa League campaign.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has kept a door open for Smalling to come back into his plans.

The Red Devils boss has said: “I think Chris has shown over his career how valuable he is for Man United.

“This season was about him being a regular, going to Roma, showing and proving how good a centre-back he is. I wanted to give Harry (Maguire), Vic [Victor Lindelof], maybe Axel (Tuanzebe) a chance, so we found out that was the best for him to go to Roma, play for a year.

“Now he’s coming back and Chris has shown this season that he will be valuable. I’ve been speaking to Chris throughout and been delighted with his season.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa