Ex Man United Striker Diego Forlan Sacked By His Club After Just 11 Games

Forum 3 years ago

Ex Man United Striker Diego Forlan Sacked By His Club After Just 11 Games

Former Manchester United striker Diego Forlan has been sacked from his managerial position at Uruguayan side Club Atletico Penarol after 11 games in charge.

The former Uruguay international played for the club between 2015 and 2016, where he won a Primera Division title.

“It’s time for me to leave Penarol but first I wanted to write a few words of gratitude,” he wrote on Twitter on Monday.

“Thank you for the opportunity you gave me, I was proud to lead Club Atletico Penarol. To the players, thank you very much for your patience, your respect, your dedication and your teachings.

“To all those who work day by day and in silence at Los Aromos, from my heart, thank you. Finally, thanks to the fans for the love. I have no regrets that’s how football is.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 2 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 3 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 3 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 3 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident