‘I’ve Left That Behind Now’ – Danny Ings Keen To Forget Liverpool

Forum 3 years ago

‘I’ve Left That Behind Now’ – Danny Ings Keen To Forget Liverpool

Danny Ings is determined to forget his injury nightmare at Liverpool and forge a long career with England ahead of his reintroduction to the national team.

The Southampton striker – who earned a solitary England cap in 2015 – is set to add to his international appearances after a stunning 22-goal Premier League season earned him a call-up to Gareth Southgate’s squad for the UEFA Nations League matches against Iceland and Denmark.

Ings’ only Three Lions appearance came shortly after he earned a move from Burnley to Liverpool in the summer of 2015, with injuries limiting him to only 25 appearances across three seasons.

However, the 28-year-old moved on loan to Southampton for the 2018-19 season and joined permanently last campaign, and is now confident that his career is in its prime.

“[The Liverpool injuries] were a long time ago and to be honest I’ve left that behind now,” Ings said to the Guardian.

When asked if he thought another chance with England was gone, Ings said:

“To be honest, no. I think the best part of my career is going to be the second part because I did miss quite a lot of football.

“To have the season I have just had, I have given myself something to build on. I do feel the best football for me is going to be in the years to come.

“I still feel extremely fit and hungry and I don’t think you stop learning as a player. There is always so much to learn in football.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players

Runtown Left My Label With $1.5m Debt – Dilly Umeniyora
Forum | 1 day ago

Runtown Left My Label With $1.5m Debt – Dilly Umeniyora

Traffic Robbers Who Attacked DPO, Stole Her Phone And Left Her With Cutlass Injury Arrested In Lagos
Forum | 1 day ago

Traffic Robbers Who Attacked DPO, Stole Her Phone And Left Her With Cutlass Injury Arrested In Lagos

EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star