We Want To Battle With Man City & Liverpool – Werner

Forum 3 years ago

We Want To Battle With Man City & Liverpool – Werner

New Chelsea signing Timo Werner says coach Frank Lampard is working hard on getting the team to the same level as Manchester City and Liverpool.

The German international arrived at Stamford Bridge in July from RB Leipzig in a £47.5 million ($59m) deal – signing a five-year contract worth £170,000 per week.

Werner has enjoyed life at Chelsea so far, scoring on his debut in the 1-1 friendly draw with Brighton on Saturday.

And the 24-year-old’s experience of working with Lampard has been a positive one so far, with the former Blues legend setting out a blueprint for the club’s future.

“The work with the manager recently has been really good,” Werner said to Chelsea’s official website.

“He’s been showing and explaining to the whole team, not just me, what we can do on the pitch and how to improve on last season.

“He’s been great to work with and he’s been discussing his plans for the future, and how we want to battle with teams like Man City and Liverpool.

“I think Chelsea is a big club and with this team that we have, I think we can reach a new level. We have some very good players here and the manager is there to show us the way, and help us improve.

“We’ve worked a lot on tactical things, as well as our strength and fitness, to make sure we are ready for the start of the season.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid
Forum | 3 hours ago

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Wanted Terror Suspect Arrested In Kenya
Forum | 1 day ago

Wanted Terror Suspect Arrested In Kenya

Man Cuts Off Friends Because They Did Not Check On Him When He Had Surgery
Forum | 1 day ago

Man Cuts Off Friends Because They Did Not Check On Him When He Had Surgery