Ziyech Will Be A Success At Chelsea – Olsen

Forum 3 years ago

Ziyech Will Be A Success At Chelsea – Olsen

Jesper Olsen said there is “no doubt” Hakim Ziyech will be a success for Frank Lampard’s Chelsea after leaving Dutch giants Ajax.

Ziyech is preparing for his first season in the Premier League following his €40 million (£33.5m/$43.3m) arrival at Stamford Bridge from Ajax in July.

The Morocco international winger, who provided at least 10 assists in each of his six previous campaigns in Amsterdam, impressed in his first appearance for Chelsea as the Blues drew 1-1 against Brighton and Hove Albion in last week’s friendly.

Olsen, who won back-to-back Eredivisie titles and the KNVB Cup during his time with Ajax between 1981 and 1984 before joining Manchester United, told Stats Perform News:

“There’s no doubt he will be a success at Chelsea.

“I think Frank Lampard has done a really good job. He knows the club inside out. Seems to be very good in terms of management and playing style. This is the important thing, he wants to attack and play offensive football. That will not be a problem [for Ziyech].

“The players coming out of Ajax, they are like that. Being a defender or midfielder, you are attacking-minded. No doubt about that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd

EPL: I took a gamble to join Chelsea – Pochettino
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: I took a gamble to join Chelsea – Pochettino