ITS A LIE!! Braithwaite Denies Asking For Lionel Messi’s Jersey Number

Forum 3 years ago

ITS A LIE!! Braithwaite Denies Asking For Lionel Messi’s Jersey Number

Martin Braithwaite has refuted claims he has already asked for the Barcelona No 10 shirt worn by Lionel Messi.

Messi has informed Barca of his desire to leave Camp Nou, with Manchester City widely linked with a stunning move for the Catalan club’s greatest ever player.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/571b7f3e83ee959c635e855ad03c9ab8.jpg

A report in Spain claimed Braithwaite had brought up the prospect of taking on the iconic jersey in negotiations with the Blaugrana, but the Denmark international insisted he made no such demand and called the mere suggestion “so disrespectful”.

“What do people think themselves? Of course I did not go to the club and ask for Messi’s number,” he told Danish newspaper BT . “It would be so disrespectful. I really feel that the people who come up with these kinds of stories lack respect for a lot of people.

“A lot of things are being written about Messi and I do not know what is happening. I can only say that he is a great player and person to be team-mates with.

“It goes without saying what he can do as a football player when he shows it every weekend. He is one of the best players ever and, of course, it will be a loss for the club if he disappears.

“I hope it does not happen, but I do not know what is happening, so I do not want to comment on something I do not know anything about.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mohbad’s Wife Wunmi Denies Conducting DNA Tests On Son Amid Paternity Controversy
Forum | 21 hours ago

Mohbad’s Wife Wunmi Denies Conducting DNA Tests On Son Amid Paternity Controversy

Ex-Presidential Candidate, Moghalu’s Wife Knocked For Asking Investors To Stay Away From Lagos
Forum | 1 day ago

Ex-Presidential Candidate, Moghalu’s Wife Knocked For Asking Investors To Stay Away From Lagos

Mofe Duncan Denies Shading Angela Okorie
Forum | 2 days ago

Mofe Duncan Denies Shading Angela Okorie

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 1 week ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu