Greenwood Joins Leeds United On 3-Year Deal

Forum 3 years ago

Greenwood Joins Leeds United On 3-Year Deal

Leeds United have announced the signing of Sam Greenwood from Arsenal.

The 18-year-old has penned a three-year deal with the Elland Road outfit as they return to the Premier League for the first time since the 2003-04 season.

A centre-forward, who can also operate as a winger, Greenwood has been capped for England at youth level, scoring 12 goals in 14 games for the Under-17 side. He also represented his country at the 2019 European Championship.

Despite his age, the attacker was promoted to Arsenal’s U-23s last season and played five games for the Gunners in the Premier League 2.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/787e514112179d3d4db2dd7381ba5f6d.jpg

Greenwood will likely join up with Leeds’ U-23 side as well, joining fellow new arrivals Charlie Allen, Cody Drameh, Joe Gelhardt and Dani van den Heuvel.

Following the switch, Greenwood said:

“I can’t wait to get started. It’s the perfect time to join Leeds. The club has such a good pathway for young players to come through I just want to kick on now.”

The youngster also took to social media to convey his thanks to Arsenal after spending two years in north London.

“I want to say a big thank (sic) [to] Arsenal and the supporters for the last two years of my career. [It’s] been an honour to play for the club while meeting some special people and making even better memories.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Riz Ahmed Joins Cast of New Wes Anderson Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Riz Ahmed Joins Cast of New Wes Anderson Movie

Dr. Odyssey Cast: Hamilton’s Phillipa Soo Joins Ryan Murphy’s Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Dr. Odyssey Cast: Hamilton’s Phillipa Soo Joins Ryan Murphy’s Medical Drama

Pamela Anderson Joins Naked Gun Cast for Liam Neeson Reboot
Forum | 2 days ago

Pamela Anderson Joins Naked Gun Cast for Liam Neeson Reboot