Fear Of Racism Almost Prevented Me From Signing For Napoli – Osimhen

Forum 3 years ago

Fear Of Racism Almost Prevented Me From Signing For Napoli – Osimhen

Victor Osimhen has revealed that he was skeptical about a move to Napoli because of racism regularly experienced in the Italian Serie A.

The Super Eagles striker joined the Italian side from Lille on a club record fee of 80 million euros ($94.6 million).

“There was a bit of scepticism on my part, because the issue of racism is a problem that exists everywhere,” Osimhen told journalists on Wednesday.

“Then I visited the city of Naples, saw the environment with my own eyes and realised that I am in a wonderful city.

“(Racism) is a worldwide issue. I’m sure I have chosen well and the Neapolitans will make me feel at home with their love.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing
Forum | 1 week ago

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression
Forum | 2 weeks ago

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression

Mass Sack: We’re Now Living In Constant Fear – CBN Staff Speak Up
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Mass Sack: We’re Now Living In Constant Fear – CBN Staff Speak Up