Everton Are Close To Signing James Rodriguez

Forum 3 years ago

Everton Are Close To Signing James Rodriguez

Everton are closing in on an audacious summer transfer coup for Real Madrid playmaker James Rodriguez.

The deal would see the Colombia international join forces with Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti for a third time, having played under him at Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

Everton have made an offer to the Spanish champions for Rodriguez, which is now under consideration at the Bernabeu.

However, it is believed talks between the two clubs are progressing well and an agreement over a deal may be close.

Rodriguez has 12 months left on his Madrid contract and is understood to be keen to make the move to Goodison Park on a three-year deal.

Last month, Ancelotti explained how much he liked the 29-year-old but played down the chances of him heading for Merseyside.

“James Rodriguez? I like, I like a lot as a player,” said Ancelotti.

“When I left Madrid, James Rodriguez followed me to Munich. He came to play.

“But he followed me as a rumour to Napoli and now he is following me here to Everton as a rumour.

“I have to be honest, I like him a lot. But he is a Real Madrid player. I think he will still be a Real Madrid player.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 20 hours ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp

EPL: This is the end of Liverpool’s title chances – Carragher on Everton defeat
Forum | 20 hours ago

EPL: This is the end of Liverpool’s title chances – Carragher on Everton defeat

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show
Forum | 3 days ago

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge