Newcastle Sign Jeff Hendrick From Burnley

Forum 3 years ago

Newcastle Sign Jeff Hendrick From Burnley

Jeff Hendrick has joined Newcastle on a four-year deal following the expiration of his Burnley contract.

The Republic of Ireland international joined Burnley from Derby in 2016, and went on to make 139 appearances for Sean Dyche’s side.

The 28-year-old featured 24 times in the Premier League last season, scoring twice and registering two assists.

Hendrick arrives at St James’ Park as a free agent, and he is eager to play at Newcastle’s stadium when the Premier League season starts next month.

He told NUFC TV:

“It’s a massive club and playing over the years, going to the stadium, it’s one of the best stadiums to play in, so I just want to get playing there.

“I’ve had over 100 games in the Premier League but I want to keep going and keep improving with a different team. It’s going to be different for me, the demands with the bigger stadium, the crowd, how big the club is, so I’ve got to take that on and keep pushing myself and striving to get better.

“I’m looking forward to it – I can’t wait.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

Tron: Ares Cast Adds Jeff Bridges to Reprise Kevin Flynn
Forum | 1 week ago

Tron: Ares Cast Adds Jeff Bridges to Reprise Kevin Flynn

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 1 week ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job