What Will Happen If Koeman Decides To Bench Me – Luis Suarez Speaks Out

Forum 3 years ago

What Will Happen If Koeman Decides To Bench Me – Luis Suarez Speaks Out

Barcelona striker, Luis Suarez, has said he is ready to sit on the bench rather than leave.

The club’s president, Josep Bartomeu, this week hinted that many senior players will be allowed to go.

Bartomeu also listed ‘untouchable’ squad members but did not include Suarez, who has a contract until 2021.

The 33-year-old has now said he is ready to fight for his Barca future.

“Throughout my career, I have accepted being on the bench. I still think I have a lot to give but I wouldn’t have any problem if that were to be the case here next season.

“Competition for places is healthy and if the new coach [Ronald Koeman] feels I should be a substitute, then I would have no problem with that,” Suarez told El País.

Suarez joined Barcelona from Liverpool six years ago and is now their third top goalscorer of all time with 198 goals.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 1 week ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out

What Will Happen If You Don’t Mind Your Business – Yemi Alade Slams Trolls
Forum | 1 week ago

What Will Happen If You Don’t Mind Your Business – Yemi Alade Slams Trolls