Lovren Speaks On Salah-Mane Rivalry

Forum 3 years ago

Lovren Speaks On Salah-Mane Rivalry

Mohamed Salah does “want to score more than Sadio Mane” at Liverpool, admits Dejan Lovren, but their rivalry is friendly and “different” to the picture painted by some outside of Anfield.

Questions have been asked of whether the two superstar forwards are on the same page. Both are eager to contribute as much as possible to the Reds cause, with their respective goalscoring records playing key roles in the success that has been enjoyed by Jurgen Klopp’s side.

Salah has faced accusations of being self-centred on the field throughout his spell on Merseyside. Mane took to airing his frustration during an infamous outing at Burnley in August 2019, although those at Liverpool were quick to sweep reports of an internal rift under the carpet.

Lovren insists the emotions seen that day are merely part of professional football, with in-house battles to be found at just about every team on the planet.

Lovren, who struck up a close bond with Egyptian forward Salah during his time at Anfield, told KingFut of the supposed rivalry:

“I see it in a different way.

“It is good to have competition between players. It is normal, Salah wants to score more than Mane, and this is football. If both players are in good form, then it serves the team well and that’s the most important thing.

“When Salah doesn’t score in a game, he doesn’t blame Mane for not scoring. Instead, he focuses on his mistakes to improve for the next game.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham