Man United Goalkeeper Dean Henderson Close To Signing New Contract

Forum 3 years ago

Man United Goalkeeper Dean Henderson Close To Signing New Contract

Dean Henderson and Manchester United’s negotiations over a new long-term deal for the goalkeeper are now at an advanced stage.

Four months of talks are closing in on a long-term deal which will be worth in excess of £100,000-a-week for the 23-year-old – making him one of the best paid goalkeepers in world football.

It also brings closer the prospect of Henderson and David de Gea going toe to toe for the coveted No 1 jersey at Old Trafford next season.

On Wednesday afternoon Henderson posted a goodbye message to Sheffield United fans on Instagram, bringing to an end any slim chance of a third season at Bramall Lane.

He wrote:

“I would like to thank the manager, my team-mates, the backroom staff and of course, the fans, who have been unbelievable towards to me.

“I will look back at the last two years as an important chapter in my career and more than anything, I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to learn and develop with such a class group of lads.

“I can’t wait for the next chapter! Once again, thank you for everything! Once a Blade, always a Blade!”

For now, it has not been decided if the England ‘keeper will go back out on loan next season – or whether he will get his wish to battle it out with De Gea.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 20 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 23 hours ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother
Forum | 1 day ago

Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother