6 Marvel Characters Matt Damon Would Be Perfect To Play

Forum 3 years ago

6 Marvel Characters Matt Damon Would Be Perfect To Play

No one could ever take the late Stan Lee’s place, not just for his enduring influence on the comic book medium, but as the Marvel movies’ all-time king of cameos. However, in more recent years, Matt Damon has been making a pretty good case for himself as a worthy successor.

Seeing the actor play a highly exaggerated dramatization of Loki in Thor: Ragnarok was an astonishing sight that helped familiarize audiences with the sequel’s refreshingly self-aware, satirical tone. Even more mind-blowing was discovering that the Academy Award-winner, opposite an almost equally unrecognizable Alan Tudyk, was one of the two toilet paper-obsessed rednecks interrupted by Cable’s (Josh Brolin) present-day arrival in Deadpool 2. Of course, given Matt Damon’s reputation for obscure appearances and killer sense of humor, as evident by his ongoing “feud” with Jimmy Kimmel, these comic book movie cameos are not that much of a surprise in retrospect.

What is surprising is that this certified action star has yet to play the lead, or even a pivotal supporting character, in a comic book movie. I could understand if Matt Damon would rather steer clear of the DC Universe out of respect for his best friend, a veteran Batman actor, but there are still plenty of unclaimed roles in the MCU which two otherwise memorable cameos should not ruin his chances to land. Six characters he could breath life into most impressively come to mind.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Marvel’s The Fantastic Four Casts Paul Walter Hauser
Forum | 15 hours ago

Marvel’s The Fantastic Four Casts Paul Walter Hauser

Pitch Perfect 4 Gets Promising Update From Rebel Wilson
Forum | 21 hours ago

Pitch Perfect 4 Gets Promising Update From Rebel Wilson

UCL: Harry Kane breaks record as Bayern Munich play 2-2 with Real Madrid
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Harry Kane breaks record as Bayern Munich play 2-2 with Real Madrid