I Want To Be A Star Like Jadon Sancho – Reyna

Forum 3 years ago

I Want To Be A Star Like Jadon Sancho – Reyna

Gio Reyna says that Jadon Sancho has played a vital role in helping him adjust to Borussia Dortmund’s first team, as the American teenager says that there’s a reason that the English star is one of the best players in the Bundesliga.

Reyna made his breakthrough following the Bundesliga’s winter break, joining Sancho and Erling Haaland as regulars in Dortmund’s new-look attack.

The 17-year-old winger made a total of 18 appearances, scoring one goal while also recording an assist in Dortmund’s Champions League clash with eventual finalists Paris Saint-Germain.

He has also started pre-season in fine form, scoring three goals in two matches thus far.

However, Dortmund have also started preseason at the centre of transfer talk, with Sancho heavily linked with a move to Manchester United.

Dortmund have declared that Sancho isn’t leaving, having set a deadline for any potential departure that has long since passed. That will be good news for Reyna, who says that the England international has proven a valuable role model.

“Jadon also came to Dortmund as a teenager. He was 17, like me now, and he has made his way from a talented youth player to one of the top stars in the Bundesliga,” Reyna told Sport Bild.

“That is the goal of every player and of course mine too. Jadon helps me a lot by giving me lots of tips.

“He tells me to be confident and trust my strengths. He encourages me when things don’t go well. After making mistakes, he doesn’t doubt himself but just keeps going. Jadon is so good for a reason.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: I’m happy for Sancho – Ten Hag
Forum | 14 hours ago

UCL: I’m happy for Sancho – Ten Hag

The Girlfriend: Robin Wright to Star and Direct Prime Video Series
Forum | 19 hours ago

The Girlfriend: Robin Wright to Star and Direct Prime Video Series

Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy