I’m Not Your Fan But Don’t Leave PDP After Victory’ – Fayose To Obaseki

Forum 3 years ago

I’m Not Your Fan But Don’t Leave PDP After Victory’ – Fayose To Obaseki

Former Governor Of Oyo State, Ayodele Fayose Has Advised Governor Godwin Obaseki Of Edo State To Honour His Pledge To The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) After Winning The September 19 Governorship Election.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/5d4f5424203f3c78a6f8f3aa5a5dfd1b.jpg

Obaseki, who was elected in 2016 on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) joined the PDP in June after the APC’s screening committee disqualified him from contesting in the party’s June 22 primary election.

Having joined the PDP, Obaseki will now have to face the APC candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu among other contenders in the forthcoming election.

However, since both Obaseki and Ize-Iyamu emerged as governorship candidates for their respective parties, the political climate in Edo State has been riddled with crises as both parties attack each other.

Reacting to Edo politics, Fayose in a series of tweets on Thursday, August 13, 2020, advised Obaseki to honor his agreement with the PDP.

Fayose said he believes Obaseki would win the governorship election even though he is not a fan of the governor.

He said,

“My position is that, for obvious reasons, I am not a fan of both Gov Obaseki and Oshiomhole.

That notwithstanding, I believe that Obaseki will win, but he should honour his agreement with the PDP by not returning to APC after assuming office for the second term for flimsy excuses.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Skales Replies Fan Who Advised Him to Drag Burna Boy
Forum | 1 day ago

Skales Replies Fan Who Advised Him to Drag Burna Boy

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release
Forum | 1 day ago

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 2 days ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba
Forum | 2 days ago

PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba