Governor Makinde Sacks Works Commissioner Who Spent 55 Days Treating COVID-19

Forum 3 years ago

Governor Makinde Sacks Works Commissioner Who Spent 55 Days Treating COVID-19

Seyi Makinde, governor of Oyo, has sacked Raphael Afonja, the state commissioner of works, infrastructure and transport.

In a statement on Monday, Taiwo Adisa, chief press secretary to the governor, said the termination of Afonja’s appointment was contained in a letter dated August 10 and signed by Olubamiwo Adeosun, secretary to the state government (SSG).

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/29e023eee6186e4bfb3019c1480a2d45.jpg

The reason for the commissioner’s sack was not officially stated, but Afonja had announced at a radio programme earlier on Monday that he spent 55 days treating COVID-19.

The sack letter as reproduced by Adisa, read:

“I wish to convey the approval of His Excellency, Governor Seyi Makinde, on the termination of your appointment as Honourable Commissioner, with immediate effect.

“Consequent upon the above development, you are hereby directed to hand over all the government items in your possession to the permanent secretary (ministry of works, infrastructure and transport).

“I am to add that, your contribution within the time of your sojourn is appreciated and commendable, and therefore, wish you successes in your future endeavours. I thank you.”

The governor also swapped the portfolios of two of his commissioners.

Bayo Lawal who was commissioner of special duties was moved to the state’s ministry of local government and chieftaincy affairs, while Funmilayo Orisadeyi who held sway in the latter ministry was given the former role of Lawal.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tinubu Has Spent Trillions of Naira on Subsidy Since Inception – El-Rufai
Forum | 11 hours ago

Tinubu Has Spent Trillions of Naira on Subsidy Since Inception – El-Rufai

No Vacancy In Ondo Govt House, My Certificate Is Genuine – Governor Aiyedatiwa
Forum | 3 days ago

No Vacancy In Ondo Govt House, My Certificate Is Genuine – Governor Aiyedatiwa

Cold Case Reboot in the Works at CBS
Forum | 3 days ago

Cold Case Reboot in the Works at CBS

Melrose Place Reboot in the Works Starring Heather Locklear, Other Original Cast Members
Forum | 4 days ago

Melrose Place Reboot in the Works Starring Heather Locklear, Other Original Cast Members